Academic Support Career Listing
Office of the Registrar
Registrar's Office Representative #7002
The Registrar's Office Representative is responsible for the timely and accurate processing and security of all applicant, learner and alumni documents and academic records. This may include processing and maintenance of transcripts, course registrations, application documents, course and credit evaluations, grades, and field of study changes. The Registrar's Office Representative is responsible for supporting the applicant/learner via work with internal clients such as Enrollment Services, Learner Support, Advising and the Schools.
- Data entry as required to process incoming record and enrollment changes, transcript requests, graduation applications or course and credit evaluations.
- Participate in all training and follow job aids as designed to process various workflow.
- Understand, implement, incorporate, explain and enforce University policy regarding transfer coursework, academic calendar deadlines, field of study changes, and various enrollment and graduation requirements.
- Answer incoming customer calls via departmental telephone queue.
- Investigate/resolve problems related to transactions handled by the department.
- Customer service duties to include communicating in a friendly and professional manner with internal customers or directly with applicants/learners via mail, e-mail and phone as necessary.
- Process cases and various assigned tasks with a high level of accuracy and within timeframes established by Service Level Agreements.
- Utilize databases, spreadsheets and reporting, which may include creating databases, running reports, tracking workflow or identifying and correcting data inconsistencies.
- Work proactively and professionally with other departments to resolve learner and applicant issues.
- Prioritize, organize and manage tasks to meet tight time constraints and achieve desired results. Must be adaptable to change and able to drive projects through completion.
- Adhere to business rules/guidelines in processing workflow while maintaining confidentiality of learner records according to FERPA guidelines.
- Achieve quality and productivity metrics as established for department.
- Communicate with team members, supervisors, managers and others regarding workflow issues, volumes and processes.
- Demonstrate Capella values in daily work and interactions with colleagues and customers.
- Support team and department by identifying ways to streamline and improve processes.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Strong computer competency to include familiarity with internet applications. Experience with Microsoft products required.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to analyze and apply problem solving techniques based on general rules and guidelines.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt in an innovative, fast-pasted organization that combines the traditions of higher education with the entrepreneurial spirit of a growing business.
- Creativity to improve processes and increase efficiencies.
- Associate Degree with 2-3 years of relevant or similar work experience/or Bachelorâ€™s and related professional experience.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience required.
- Ability to professionally satisfy escalated customer transactions.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to produce quality product in limited timeframe
- Understanding/experience in academic environment desired.
This position is based in Capella's corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota and relocation assistance is not provided.